Sunday, October 12, 2008

Disturbing Thoughts


In the film "V for Vendetta", one of the characters, Lewis Prothero, has a speech at the beginning that has haunted me ever since I first heard it... It is the following (edited) words:





I have to admit that I'm quite pessimistic about the future... not the far one, anymore, but the quite near... I'm not talking about the greed that has caused the recent "imbalance" of the banking system... we will come over it, sooner or later, if not for any other reason, just to be able to repeat it, as we have in the past...
What I'm talking about here is the greed that is quickly and surely turning our Planet into an inhospitable for Mankind environment...

I'm haunted by visions of the future... What if in fifty or seventy years, people, overcrowded in the little land left fertile and habitable, people in war at each other for a few drops of water, gather around a... I don't know, let's say around a 3D TV-net and talk about the bright days of past, the days of overabundance, the days of two computers, three cars and four cell-phones, the days when they flushed their toilets with clean water, when people had everything except the prudence to preserve their most basic needs... fresh air, drinkable water, fertile land...



"They had everything, absolutely Everything!..."

No comments:

EVERYTHING happens here