Saturday, April 26, 2008

Principles, part 1: Only the Structures really matter

"I" does not actually exist. It is merely a quite inaccurate colloquialism used in everyday life to describe the Self a specific Conscience is most familiar with.
For example, when we say: "I feel...", what actually meant is: "The expressing Conscience is currently taking part in the following (emotional) Structure:"
and when we say: "You think...", the actual meaning is: "The following Ideas are encompassed by a Conscience other than the expressing one (which is also present):"

In a similar way, "We" is also an inaccurate notion.
"We" is the grouping of several "I"s under a common Idea (usually), a common Structure. It is, however, much more accurate than "I", because "We" is a meaning (an action, really) that puts forward an Abstract Structure before the individuality of Self.
When we move from "I" to "We", it is the first time that we place an Idea as more important than a single person.

"Physics-ly" speaking, "We" is "Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity" to "Newton's Principia Mathematica" of "I".

Of course, the "Grand Unified Theory of Everything", the accurate Reality is the Abstract Structures.

The Abstract Structures (in contrast to the Physical or Material Structures), the Ideas, are actually the most important "things" in the Universe. Not only because they are the highest lifeform there is, but also because if you search for a "meaning" in anything, then you will only find that the Ultimate meaning is... in Meanings.
Even God (or whatever you believe in, for atheists) is an Idea.

I will relate to you an example: A person is alone. All he knows is "I" and in no way can he feel or call himself "complete".
Then he finds company and two (or more) "I"s turn into a single "We", a family, a society. That person now feels complete. Therefore, "We" is more important than "I".

What if, for some reason, that specific "We" breaks down and dissolves, leaving him a single "I" again?
What should that person do? Should he withdraw from life? Kill himself?

I know that most of you will say: "No! He should try and build another, a new 'We'!"
But, why? If the "We" that was the most important thing in the world no longer is, then why go on?

Because no single "I" or "We" is as meaningful, as important as the Idea of "a 'We' existing", of "creating a 'We'", of LOVE.

No comments:

EVERYTHING happens here